Calvary Baptist Church
Independent | Fundamental | Local | Bible Believing | KJV A.V.
2015 Calvary Baptist Church
Wheeling, West Virginia
FOR THE WORD OF GOD AND THE TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST
Calvary Baptist Church is the result of the vision of Bro. Delmas Knight, the first pastor of the church. He started the church in the community of Clearview, just north of Wheeling, WV, in 1976. In 1979, two acres of land was purchased on the north fork of Short Creek, near West Liberty, WV. The first building was erected and completed between 1980 and 1981, and the first services were held. Sometime between 1981 and 1984, an addition was added to accommodate Sunday school rooms, rest rooms, and an office. In 1984, Pastor Knight resigned to take a pastorate in Pennsylvania. Bro. Albert L. Cage was called in November, 1984,and installed as Pastor. Under his leadership, a steeple, two new rooms and a baptismal pool were added to the church.
Pastor Cage was born in Wheeling, WV, December 14, 1930, and born again in July, 1945, at the age of 14. He attended Ohio County schools and graduated from Warwood High in 1948. He spent approximately two years in the United States Air Force, during the Korean War. He attended one semester at Bob Jones University, Greenville, SC, then transferred to Immanuel Bible College, here in Wheeling. He has served as Pastor of Riverview Bible Church, Bridgeport, OH, Assistant Director of Youth Haven Ranch, Colerain, OH, as deacon at Grace Bible Church, West Middletown, PA, and also as a board member of Grace Bible Christian School. He has served as Pastor of Calvary Baptist Church for 30 years.
Albert L. Cage